Tuesday, January 18, 2011

CTEL Results Are In!

I finally received my results from the CTEL test I took back in December.  This is the test that deals with English Language Learners, that I needed to pass to get my clear credential here in California. 

I passed all three parts on the first time!  Woohoo! Especially considering I am still not exactly sure what all was on the test.  Again, it goes to show that standardized test results are not always indicative of actual knowledge... but hey, I'll take my passing scores and run.

The last thing that I need to do now is to complete my "First Year Teacher Program", which here is called BTSA.  The program is very similar to the program in South Carolina that I went through, but because I only had three years of teaching experience, my induction program in South Carolina did not transfer over.  I am in the "fast-track" part and should be able to complete that program this year.  So hopefully, come the end of May or early June, I will have my clear California credential.  That will make me feel much more secure about future job security.

No comments:

Post a Comment