Monday, February 7, 2011

The Joy of Reading: Youth Pastor: The Theology and Practice of Youth Ministry by Houston Heflin


Youth Pastor: The Theology and Practice of Youth Ministry by Houston Heflin is a text I ran across while perusing Amazon. I have been interested in reading up on Youth and Young Adult ministry texts so I quickly ordered and devoured it. It was a short book but packed with great info. Heflin offers five units in the book that overview the tasks of youth ministry and the necessary roles of a youth ministry. It was a great little book and would prove very helpful if I teach an “Intro to Youth Ministry” class (which I hope to do) in the future. I may come back and add more information on this book later---I have currently submitted a formal book review to AYME on this text--hopefully, you can read my take on it there.  If you aren't able to read it there one day, I'll be sure to post it here!

Buy Youth Pastor: The Theology and Practice of Youth Ministry

--Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment