Friday, September 17, 2010

Things I Like...

To follow up Chris’ list of things he misses here is a list of things I am growing to like about So Cal.


1. The Beach. Ok, so this may not really count because I love any beach I go to . . . But it’s a start (see pics below from my first trip with Jennifer last week)!



2. The Convenience. For the first time in my life I live within close proximity to everything I need. There is a shopping center, literally, across the street from our apartment. The shopping center includes: Target, Vons (a grocery store---equivalent to Ukrops or Publics---it’s a nice one), Sears, Kohls, JCPenny, Panera, PetsMart, World Market, Dippin’ Dots, Edible Arrangements, and other assorted stores and eating establishments.

3. The Sale Papers. To go along with the convenience aspect of it all I really like the fact that the sale papers here have coupons in them! Each Tuesday the mail man brings a stack of sale papers. In that stack are precious coupons and sales for all of the local grocery stores . . . I comb through them, clip coupons, and store hop. It creates a great deal of savings----which I love!

4. The Weather. I really like the southern California weather, so far anyway. You just can’t beat sunny and 70’s everyday! I’m sure this will begin to get on my nerves come December and I feel the need to wear a warm, fussy sweater and pea coat . . . But we’ll see.


5. The Need for Speed. While I have not fully experienced the hectic driving of So Cal (because I have yet to drive more than 5 miles the interstates), I do appreciate the “go go go” attitude!

6. The Tourism Opportunities. I really like all the options we have to see and do new things. A few things I’m looking forward to include:

Disney Land San Diego Zoo Hollywood

Downtown LA Riding Route 1 Visiting ALL the local beaches.


7. The Time to Study. In spite of the fact that I don’t necessarily love all of my classes at present I do appreciate the opportunity to read, study, and reflect. I also appreciate the sacrifices Chris is making so that can happen.

8. The Foliage. I love all the palm trees! I like how they are everywhere here and constantly remind me how close I am to the beach!

9. The Diversity. I really appreciate the diversity that is present in Southern California. I appreciate the diversity within our apartment complex, community, and within my classes. It is so nice to see different cultures first hand on a daily basis.

10. But Most of all I Appreciate Sharing it all with Chris (and Mo). It would not be nearly as easy to find ten things I liked about Southern California if I didn’t have my husband and friend along with me! I cannot imagine how difficult things are for the men and women in my program that came here all alone. Nor can I imagine the loneliness they must feel and how much harder the transition has been for them! But, I am so thankful for my husband and doggie! Mo is the best study buddy ever! And he always greets us with puppy kisses and excitement!

--Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment