Thursday, September 16, 2010

Being Intentional

This week for some reason I've really missed the "old" life.  It isn't like anything is wrong here, or that things are going poorly.  I just have missed my home more than usual this week.  Part of it is following posts of former students and seeing about the "happenings" at Chesnee and what is going on in their lives.  After three years at the school, this years seniors was the group that I have known since they got to Chesnee.  Last years graduating class was probably the group I was closest to in my short time there, because many of them I had in my first few classes at Chesnee.  The great thing about teaching is you get an opportunity to see kids grow and develop, and that is just what I had done with the Class of '11 at Chesnee.  Now I must watch them cross the finish line from a long way away. 

I am horrible at keeping up with friends.  I always have been, and most likely always will.  By nature, I'm not an extreme extrovert...and while I don't consider myself an introvert either, I'm not someone who goes out seeking contact.  I enjoy time to myself, but really enjoy quality time with those I respect and love.  Maybe I need to do a better job of that, but one of my biggest fears during these three to four years is that I will lose touch with some of the people that Megan and I have grown closest to.  It has happened with many of my closest friends from high school, and starting to happen with some of my friends from college.  To all of those people, I am sorry.  Now, I can't use the excuse that they live just an hour away and at any point, we might decide to hang out.  I must be more intentional about cultivating these relationships that I care so much about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment