Monday, August 30, 2010

JOB!

Today was my first day of school.  I guess it has been about a week, and there is a gap in the story, so let me back up a little bit.

I was offered the job at Riverside Poly High School in Riverside, CA as their AP Government and AP Economics teacher.  All last week was spent getting the clearance to be able to start... fingerprints, TB test, drug screen, so on and so forth.  I still have some paperwork to fill, which I'll try to finish this week, but I was finally cleared late on Friday, so I was able to start this week, a week behind the students.

Here is my schedule:

0 Period (which starts at 6:55...in the morning!) Government/Economics  (6:55-7:50)
1 Period: AP Government/AP Macroeconomics (8:00-8:52)
2 Period: AP Government/AP Macroeconomics (9:02-9:54)
3 Period: AP Government/AP Macroeconomics (10:04-10:56)
4 Period: Honors Govt./Econ (11:06-12:04)
Lunch
5 Period: Planning

I can leave at 2:00 each day, which is nice, because I do have to get there so early.  Getting up at 4:00 am each morning will be rough, but I am willing to do that for a job.  My classes are huge... averaging around 30-35 students per class, even the AP classes, which I'm not exxactly sure how that will work.  My classes are all around 50 minutes though, with 10 minutes in between.  The school is much larger, around 2800 students.

Needless to say, I'm not at Chesnee anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment